Thursday, July 29, 2010

TIE 542 Week 5 Reflections

This week I had my last Technology classes, and I can honestly say that I am sad that it is over. I learned more within the last 5 weeks than I would ever have learned just tinkering around on my computer. My mother asked me the other day how I would be able to stay informed about the latest technology in upcoming years. She wanted to know if my employer would have to send me back to school to attend another technology class. I guarantee she was sorry she asked because here was my answer:

That's what's so great about this class! We aren't just learning about the current new technology tools, we are learning about how to create an online Personal/Professional network that will allow us to stay connected and continuing learning from people that share similar interests and professions.

See why I am going to miss this class?

This week, for my final project, I created a professional development lesson. For the lesson, I took a page from my class and introduced several web 2.0 tools. Take a look at my lesson wiki: http://letstalktechnolgy.wikispaces.com/.

I really hope that teachers will learn to embrace technology and all that it has to offer. I also hope that schools will work diligently to educate and inform teachers about all that is available to use within the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment